Prepare Traditional Rakhi Recipes at Home
Indians look forward to celebrate every festival because it brings the whole family together for a grand celebration. Amongst several, ‘Raksha Bandhan’ is celebrated with great pomp and grandeur by Indians all over the world. Celebrated to honour the sacred bond between bothers and sisters, it is one of the most awaited festivals by all. With the help of the e-gifting portal, GiftstoIndia24x7.com, you can send Rakhi to India even if you are miles away. If you browse through our site, you will come across a wide collection of Rakhi threads along with Rakhi gifts which you can send on the festival of Rakhi to India.
But, before you choose to send gifts to India, it is imperative to known when is Rakhi. Once you have this information, you can plan ahead what gift to send to your dear brother or sister back home. We, at GiftstoIndia24x7.com offer you a wide collection of Rakhi threads as well as items which you can send as giftstoIndia24x7.com. Since Rakhi threads are the most important part of this festival, you will find a wide collection of Rakhis in our site.
But, the festival of Rakhi is incomplete without eating mouth-watering dishes. Thus, on Rakhri, surprise your sibling by preparing something delicious for him or her. To get you on the roll, here are some simple traditional Rakhi recipes which you can prepare at home.
Lemon Rice Recipe
2 cups boiled Rice
1/3rd cup Lemon Rice
1/4th tsp. turmeric powder
1/2tsp Black Mustard seeds
1/4th cup peanuts
Few curry leaves
3-4 green chilies
Salt to taste
Procedure to Prepare the Lemon Rice:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter.
2. Add turmeric powder and peanuts and fry till brown in color.
3. Now add green chilies, curry leaves, salt and fry for 2 minutes.
4. Take it off from the flame and add lemon juice and mix well.
5. Now add this to the boiled rice and mix well.
The Lemon rice is ready to be served.
Paneer Korma Recipe
250 gms Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
3 Onion (Pyaj)
4 Tomato (Tamatar)
1” long piece Ginger (Adrak)
2 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
1 cup Mava
1 cup Cream (Malai)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
Procedure To Prepare the Paneer Korma:
1. Cut paneer in square pieces
2. Grind onion (pyaj), ginger (adrak), green chilly (hari mirch).
3. Grate mava.
4. Heat clarified butter (ghee) in a pan.
5. Add onion (pyaj) and tomato (tamatar) paste.
6. Continue cooking it on medium flame till ghee/oil begins to separate.
7. Add the grated mava and cream (malai).
8. Simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Add salt, red chili powder (lal mirchi), turmeric (haldi), garam masala.
10. Add cottage cheese (paneer) pieces with 1/2 cup of water
11. When the gravy thickens put off the flame.
12. Take off the fire and serve hot.
Shahi Pudding Recipe
1 litre milk (doodh)
1 cup sugar
50 gm cottage cheese (paneer)
2 tbsp custard powder
1 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup cashew nut and almond (kaju badam)
1/2 cup cherry
1 tsp vanilla essence
Procedure To Prepare Shahi Pudding:
1. Grate cottage cheese.
2. Chop cashew nuts and almonds.
3. Mix custard in 1 cup milk.
4. Boil the remaining milk until it is reduced to half.
5. Then add sugar and custard in it.
6. Stir continuously so as to thicken. Remove it from the flame.
7. Pour it in a dish when it cools.
8. Add cottage cheese and vanilla essence and mix well.
9. Beat cream and spread it on the top.
10. Garnish with cashew nuts, almonds and cherry.
12. Serve chilled.
Besides preparing these delicious dishes, if you know how to make a Rakhi greeting card then make one and gift your sibling on this festival. Since you have made this card by yourself, he will treasure it for several years to come. Thus, send Rakhi along with gifts from our site and make your sibling feel truly cherished and loved.