For exclusive offers and regular updates, please subscribe to our newsletters.
Ugadi and Gudi Pawda is one of the most popular festivals celebrated by the people of South India as this day marks the beginning of a New Year. Hence, meeting up with distant relatives and friends and eating delicious food are all part of this celebration. Moreover, the exchange of gifts further adds charm to this festivity. It goes without saying that choosing a gift which your recipient will appreciate will take a lot of your time. Hence, to make your search a little bit easier, the articles assigned in this chapter discuss about popular Ugadi and Gudi Pawda gift ideas which will surely help to make this celebration really special for your dear ones in India.
New Year is a very festive time for everyone and this is what Ugadi and Gudi Padwa mean for the people living in the Deccan region and Maharashtra. Thus, this day is celebrated with a lot of fun and enjoyment and they spend the day quite happily with friends and family. Being apart from loved ones during this time can be tough and if you are in such a situation then we can offer a solution to your problem. You can send attractive gifts for them that will surely brighten their and thus you can become a part of the celebrations. Sending online gifts is quite easy as well as hassle free and thus you can opt for this mode because it will save a lot of your time. We have enlisted here the top five Ugadi and Gudi Padwa gift ideas that are available online.
1. Gift Hampers : There are a number of Ugadi and Gudi Padwa gift hampers available here on this online gift store. The Chocolate Hampers contain chocolates along with gifts like dry fruits, sweets, namkeen, soft toys and mugs. The Exclusive Hampers have vouchers, chips, chocolates, cakes, candies, cookies, tea packs, coffee packs, oils, sauces, jams, namkeen, mouth fresheners, mugs, cheese and a lot more. The Flower Combo hampers contain lovely flowers along with a number of gifts like cakes and chocolates. The Fruit Hampers have gifts of fruits as well as flowers, dry fruits and also sweets. The Mithai Hampers contain delectable sweets along with dry fruits, namkeen and chocolates.
2. Gift Vouchers : Vouchers can also prove to be good gifts as they will enable your dear ones to buy something of their own choice or spend some quality time with friends and family. The gift vouchers that are available here on this online gifting portal have been categorised into Apparels, Dining, Books, CDs & DVDs, Electronics, Home Decor, Jewellery, Shopping and Watches. Your loved ones can use these at stores like Big Bazaar, Fabindia, Gini & Jony, Pantaloons, Shoppers Stop, Westside, Landmark, Domino's, Machaan, Mainland China, Pizza Hut, Sigree, Taj, Croma, Reliance Digital, Luxury and Titan.
3. Spiritual Gifts : There are four kinds of spiritual gifts available on this gifting site that you can send for that religious friend or family member. The CDs & DVDs contains prayers and hymns for Krishna, Shiv, Hanuman, Sherawali Mata, Mahishasur Mardini and Ram. The Holy Idols showcase statuettes of Krishna, Ganesh, Shiv, Parvati, Sai Baba, Yasoda, Saraswati, cow and calf, Hanuman, Laxmi, Radha, Karthik, Kali, Ram, Sita and Laxman. The Sagun Coins are made from gold and silver and come in various shapes containing images of Gods and Goddesses. The Spiritual Hampers contain gift hampers comprised of various items that are necessary to perform a pooja.
4. Sweets : The section on sweets here on this online gift store has been divided into three parts. The Indian Sweets category contains delicacies like motichoor laddoos, kaju pista barfis, kesar pedas, rasgullas, gulab jamuns, rajbhogs, soan papris, kheer kadams, kaju pista rolls and many others. The Mithai Hampers contain various kinds of sweets along with dry fruits, namkeen and chocolates. The Mithai Thalis have various combos of delicious sweets in beautifully decorated designer thalis.
5. Dry Fruits : Dry fruits are crispy and crunchy apart from being extremely healthy gifting options. Thus, a gift of dry fruits is very much welcome on any occasion especially if it is a festive one like Ugadi or Gudi Padwa. The dry fruits that are available here on this online gifting portal can be found separately, in combos or as part of a hamper. They include goodies like cashew nuts, almonds, raisins, pistachios, walnuts, mango candies, dry apricots, dried plums and blackcurrants.
You can also opt for flower delivery to India along with these awesome and lovely gift items. Gifts for other occasions can also be found here based on age groups like kids gifts to India. You can even send Mother’s Day gifts to India through this reliable gifting site where you will find many choices.
India is the land of vibrant festivals and rituals. The festivals of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” fall in the spring season when the nature basks in its youthful glory. These auspicious celebrations come immediately after Holi, the festival of colours and togetherness. According to “Saka”, the Indian national calendar, the Hindu new year commences from the month of Chaitra. The first date of this month is celebrated as “Ugadi” which means beginning (Adi) of an era (Yuga). It is believed in Hindu mythology, that Lord Brahma created the world on this very day. This festival is celebrated with utmost vigour and sincerity in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
This pious occasion is observed in different parts of India to mark the fervorous beginning of a new year. In Maharashtra, it is known as “Gudi Padwa” which is the Marathi name for “Chaitra Shukla Pratipada”, the first day of Hindu Lunisolar Calendar. The state of Rajasthan gets engrossed in the celebration of “Thapna” (Rajasthani New Year) on the same day. In Tamil Nadu the same festival is known as “Puthandu” (Tamil New Year).
This year, Ugadi and Gudi Padwa will be celebrated in different parts of India on 31st March.
Delicacies of the Festivals
Any grand Indian festival is incomplete without mouthwatering delicacies. Similarly “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” call for several delectable dishes. “Babbatlu”, a traditional cardamom flavoured sweet made of wheat flour, pulses and jaggery is widely enjoyed by the people of Andhra Pradesh on this day. This delectable eatable is known as “Puran Poli” in Maharashtra and “Obbattu” in Karnataka.
“Ugadi Pachadi” is a combination of six various ingredients and it signifies that we should take in stride the joys and sorrows which we experience in the course of life. This customary dish is made of tamarind, salt, jaggery, red chilli powder and neem flowers.
Cultural Festivals on Ugadi and Gudi Padwa
Various cultural festivals are held during these festivals of gaiety. People participate in social community gatherings and spend the serene evening listening to “Bhajans” (devotional songs). “Kavi Sammelanam” (poetry recitation) is held across the deccan states. There budding and veteran poets come up with intriguing poems on a gamut of emotions, social and political affairs. “Ugadi Kavi Sammelanam” is broadcasted live on All India Radio’s Hyderabad “A” station, Doordarshan and TV Hyderabad.
Delightful Gifts for the Festivals
The festivals of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” are marked for religious fervour and social integration. People exchange pleasantries and endearing gifts and get engrossed in revelling. Get your friends and relatives in India adorable presentations on this joyous occasion to elevate the festive spirit.
1. Silver Gifts : The customs of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” consist of various religious rituals. On this day, people worship the Almighty for prosperity and good luck. Silver symbolises affluence and welfare. Thus silver gifts make a befitting presentation on this auspicious day to convey your heartfelt wishes to your dear ones. You can opt for silver coins, puja thalis or silver idols to gift them.
2. Sweets : Sweets accomplish the sprightly nature of any Indian festival. Indian sweets are known for their delectable taste and alluring appearance. “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” symbolise a new and auspicious beginning. Present your loved ones back in India exquisite arrangements of mouthwatering sweets on this joyous day.
3. Spiritual Gifts : The festivals of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” are deeply associated with religious prayers and offerings. Spiritual gifts are always considered to be propitious on any festive day. Ranging from holy idols to ‘Puja Hampers’ you have plethora of options to choose from. Your kith and kin in India will surely appreciate this auspicious presentation from you.
4. Jewellery : On the day of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa”, people adorn themselves in vibrant attires and fineries. Jewellery is also considered to be a favourable gift on any joyous occasion. Get your loved ones elegant accessories. If you are not sure of their choices and preferences you can go for jewellery gift vouchers.
5. Gift Hampers : Gift Hampers are beautiful assembles of delightful tits and bits. They are like Pandora’s box; full of pleasant surprises. “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” are festivals of indulging in vigorous merriment. Enthrall your friends and relatives on this special day with an adorable ensemble of delightful gift items.
The festivals of “Ugadi and Gudi Padwa” teach us that our life span is full of happiness and sorrow. We have to face all the sweet and sour experiences in the due course. Indulge yourself and your near ones in these auspicious festivities exchanging adorable gifts and warm wishes.
The festive occasion of Gudi Padwa, is the occasion of New year, for Marathi people. This occasion is celebrated on the first day of the Hindu month - Chaitra, (March-April as per the Gregorian Calendar) and it also marks the start of the season of Spring. This festive occasion is related with various Hindu myths and legends. Some people believe that Lord Brahma created the Universe on this day, and some believe that Lord Vishnu took the incarnation of fish - Matsya Avatar, on this day. Presently, this day is celebrated with great pomp and vigor in Maharashtra, and this day is also considered as a very auspicious occasion to start new ventures. The celebration of this wonderful occasion is not only limited to India, but it is celebrated by Marathis all around the globe. NRI Maharashtrians, send gifts to India, to their friends and family, to make the occasion special.
The most prefered choice of NRIs to send gifts to India, is via an online store because the process is extremely easy and safe. One of the most trusted website that has been doing gift delivery to various parts of India, and around the globe is - GiftstoIndia24x7.com. Listed below are some of the gift items that is available on this online store for the occasion of Gudi Padwa. Use our online services to send Gudi Padwa gifts to India, and mae the special occasion a memorable one.
Sweets - Indian sweets are famous all around the world. No Indian celebration is complete without treating one’s near and dear ones with delicious sweets. Therefore, the online gift store of GiftstoIndia24x7.com, has brought a wonderful range of sweets that can be sent as gifts to India, for special occasions such as Gudi Padwa.
Home Decor - Home Decor is the best gift that you can send to your dear one on the occasion of Gudi Padwa. As Gudi Padwa, marks the New Year for the people of Maharashtra, your dear ones is bound to appreciate a gift of a home decor item. It is a very popular custom to decorate one’s home on the occasion of New Year, and on the online gift store of GiftstoIndia24x7.com, you will find a variety of Home Decor items such as - Flower Vase, Luxury Bed linen, Photo Frame, Show Pieces etc.
Gift Vouchers - If you are slightly confused about, what to send as gifts to India on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, then a gift voucher could be the perfect solution. Gift voucher will give your friends and family members in India, the chance to pick their prefered gift for the occasion of Gudi Padwa. On our online store you will find gift vouchers from all the reputed brands in India.
Our online store has a wide delivery network, and all the gifts come at a very affordable rate. Apart from these facts, our online store also gives you the opportunity to contact the online store directly in case of any query, and you can also place multiple orders at one go, which saves you a lot of time. So, use our online store to send gifts to India, on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, and celebrate the Marathi New Year, in a way you have never done before.
Ugadi is the new year festival of Deccan India. The festival is celebrated with great pomp and enthusiasm by the people of Deccan India. The festival is commemorated on the first day of the Hindu month of Chaitra. This year the festival will be celebrated on 11th April, if you are wondering when is Ugadi in 2013.
People start preparing for this festival a week ahead. They clean their homes and buy various home decors and new apparels. On the day of the festival, they adorn themselves in new outfits and decks their homes with colorful rangolis, attractive door hangings made of mango leaves and fresh flowers. They even visit temples and offer prayers to Almighty for good health and prosperity. On this auspicious day, many people even start their new ventures. Exchanging of gifts also goes hand in hand. Hence, if you are thinking to wish ‘Happy Ugadi’ to your loved ones on this special festival you can send gifts to India online.
Sending gifts online has become quite popular these days. Hence, you can take the help of the online stores in sending gifts on Ugadi 2013 to your dear ones. GiftstoIndia24x7.com is a proficient e-gifting store that displays wide array of gifts for various festivals and occasions. For the festival of Ugadi, you will get attractive collection of gifts. So pick up the best gift for your dear one and make the festival filled with joy and happiness.
On this grand occasion, you can give a tasty treat to your loved ones by sending mouth-watering food items. In this online portal, you will get sweets, dry fruits and chocolates in different sections. On any Indian occasion, people gift sweet box to convey love and heartfelt emotions. The ‘Sweets’ section includes sweets such as peda, kaju barfi, kaju suraj, motichoor laddu and many more. You can send a delectable sweet hamper as Ugadi gift. Along with sweets you can even couple a dry fruit tray or box and bring a big smile on your loved one’s face. If your dear one is not fond of sweets and dry fruits, you can delight him/her by sending a delicious chocolate hamper. Tasty chocolates from renowned brands such as Valor, Cadbury, Lindt etc are available in this website. Your dear one will relish these food items on this special event.
Along with these food items, you can brighten up the festival by sending fresh flowers. The beautiful and fresh appeal of the flowers will definitely add special charm to this event. Before you send flowers, you must know your dear one’s preference. If she/he loves red roses you can delight him/her by sending red roses. Moreover, he/she can use these flowers to decorate his/her home on Ugadi. Attractive home decor items such as flower vase, bed sheet, showpiece, wall hanging etc are also available in this online store. You can send these stunning home decor items and make your dear one’s home look beautiful on Ugadi.
Since on this festival, people wear new apparels you can delight your loved ones by sending new outfits. For your mom, sister, wife and other dear ones you can opt for gorgeous sarees. She will look beautiful and elegant by wearing these sarees. You can surprise your brother, dad or husband by sending trendy as well as formal apparels from ‘Mens Wear’ section. Send these wonderful gifts and make the festival memorable.
Every Indian festival has unique significance that makes the Indians to celebrate it with great devotion. Amongst various festivals, Ugadi and Gudi Pawda is celebrated with great enthusiasm as it marks the beginning of a new year. If you are wondering when is Udagi in 2012 then it has fallen on 23rd March. This festival is celebrated in various parts of India. In Andhra Pradesh this festival is known as “Ugadi” while in Maharashtra it is termed as “Gudi Padwa”. This festival is also celebrated in Sindh as “Cheti Chand”, Tamil Nadu as “Puthandu” and Punjab as “Baishakhi”. This festival is celebrated by the Indians on the first day of Chaitra month. People visit temples, decorate their house with “Rangoli” and mango leaves, cook delicious food items and sweets, perform “arti”, sing devotional songs etc.
Indians who reside in foreign lands desire to wish “Happy New Year” to their close and dear ones. In such circumstances, they can take the help from the e-gifting portals. GiftstoIndia24x7.com is an online store that over a decade has assisted the online buyers to send gifts to India. In this online store, you will get exclusive gifts on Ugadi and Gudi Pawda.
Since people generally wear new clothes on this festival, so, apparel will be the best gift that you can send as gift to India to your dear ones. In this online store, you can avail apparels for men and women. If you want to send outfits for your father, then t-shirt would be the best gift idea. Various colors of t-shirts such as pink, brown, ash, blue, red, yellow, etc. are available in our store. Both stripe and plain t-shirts are available in our store. All the t-shirts are from recognized brands such as Park Avenue, Peter England, Van Heusen, Moustache etc.
If your thinking to surprise your dear brother on this auspicious day, then you can send trendy jeans or trousers as a new year gift. The jeans and trousers that are available in our store, are from globally recognized brands such as Denim, Moustache, Park Avenue, Diet Chinos etc. Moreover, you will get them in various attractive colors such as grey, blue, black etc. These apparel will surely make him look smart and trendy. Along with these jeans and trousers, you can also send ties and t-shirts or cufflinks to your dear ones in India. So, send men’s apparel on Ugadi and Gudi Pawda and make the occasion memorable.
If you want to gift something traditional to your mother, sister or wife on this grand festival, then saree will be the perfect article. In our store, you can avail wide variety of sarees. If the recipient is fond of silk saree then you can send sarees such as Divine Silk Saree, Vibrant Siffon, Global Silk Saree etc to her in India. You can also avail designer, Braso, Tissue, Crape etc sarees. These sarees will make your mother, sister or wife look glamorous and beautiful. So, send ladies’ apparel on Ugadi and Gudi Pawda along with dazzling jewellery sets or perfumes.
Along with these attractive apparels, you can also send gifts on Ugadi and Gudi Pawda such as Puja items, gift hampers, chocolates, home decor items, fresh flowers etc to your loved ones in India. Our online delivery service and proficient customer support will surely assist you in sending gifts to India. So, use our service and surprise your dear ones on Ugadi 2012.