Top 5 Gift Ideas for Ganesh Chaturthi
Ganesha, the son of Devadi Deva Mahadev and Goddess Parvati is the eradicator of vanity and selfishness. The figurine of Ganesha is a magnificent manifestation of the confluence of soul or ‘Atman’, and ‘Maya’ or the earthly existence of human being. He is worshipped as the God of wisdom as he guides the mankind in the path of eternal knowledge removing all the ‘Vigna’ or obstacles. Ganesha is one of the five supreme deities of Hindu religious belief along with Shiva, Durga, Brahma and Vishnu. Ganesh Chaturthi, observed as the birthday of Lord Ganesha unites people of diverse sectarian beliefs. This festival is also the meeting ground of all hindus. This auspicious festival is observed in the hindu month of Bhadra (mid August-mid September) with great fervour across the world. The western India, especially the state of Maharashtra witnesses a 10 days long grand celebration culminating on the day of ‘Ananta Chaturthi’. The deity of knowledge and wisdom is worshipped at houses or pandals with utmost devotion and offered puja in ‘Shodashopachara’(16 ways to offer puja). On the 11th day the idol is carried through the streets accompanied by the procession of devotees singing and dancing. The immersion of the idol in a river or the sea symbolises his journey to his abode in Kailash abolishing all the misfortunes of human beings. The vigorous slogan of ‘Ganapathi Bappa Morya’ fills the air with devotional spirit. This year Ganesh Chaturthi will be observed on 29th August, Friday.
Delightful Gift Ideas for Ganesh Chaturthi - Ganesh Chaturthi has become a festival of social union with the passage of time transcending its religious character. People adorn themselves in vibrant fineries and treat the loved ones on mouthwatering sweets and other delicacies. They also get engrossed in exchanging pleasantries and expressive gifts symbolising wishes for a prosperous future life.
1. Sweets - The laddoo the pot bellied God holds in his trunk signifies that one must strive hard to realise the sweetness of his soul. Laddoo and other delicious Indian sweets are also offered to him as ‘bhog’. Give your kith and kin a delightful treat with lip smacking laddoos and sweets on this pious day. These goodies with their delectable taste and smell will add more joy and jubilance to the ecstatic celebration.
2. Ganesha Idols - The devotees of Lord Ganesha observe special puja on the sacred day of Ganesh Chaturthi. The figurine of this esteemed deity symbolises the whole universe with his splendid manifestations. Wish your dear ones a life of prosperity and wisdom with a ganesha idol of intrinsic artistry and let the omnipotent Lord shower his blessings on them.
3. Wall Hangings - Ganesh Chaturthi is a festival of merriment and togetherness. People visit the houses of their dear ones where Ganesh puja is observed. Devotees beautify their houses with vibrant decoratives, lightings and showpieces to welcome Lord Ganesha. An artistic wall hanging with the manifestation of ‘vignaharta Ganapati’ will bring lots of happiness and affluence for your kith and kin.
4. Gift Hampers - Lord Ganesha is believed to be fond of delicious foods. Gift your family and friends in India an assortment of sweets, dry fruits and lots more which they can proffer to the God as ‘bhog’. These mouthwatering delicacies can be later distributed among the devotees as ‘prasad’.
5. Ganesha Pendant - We all pray to the Almighty for the well being of our loved ones. Ganpati Bappa is worshipped as the eradicator of all the hindrances. A beautifully crafted Ganesha Pendant will not only enhance one’s beauty with its ritzy look but it will also protect him/her from any kind of menace.
Lord Ganapati is invoked before starting a new venture or puja of any other hindu deity. On Ganesh Chaturthi the devotees meditate on the mythological stories of Lord Ganesha in the ‘Brahmamuhurta’ and visit temples afterwards to observe his puja in ‘Shodashopachara’. It is the day to take new spiritual resolutions and make an endeavour to develop inner strength. Celebrate the day by praying to the God and let his blessings shower on your dear ones with delightful gifts.