For exclusive offers and regular updates, please subscribe to our newsletters.
There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is God's finger on man's shoulder when he is falling in love. Love makes this world worth living. So when we fall short of words in expressing our true feelings, there are famous sayings and quotes that can create a magic in your love life. Here are a collection of world famous quotes on love.
We all know that love is eternal and not just a feeling that we experience for a day or two. True love changes our life completely and helps us rediscover ourselves. Love adds joy to our living, helps us move ahead in life, tread new and unknown paths, feel secure, feel cared for and keeps a smile lingering on our face and heart forever. Even in our darkest hours, love keeps the smile in our soul alive as we know that there is a shoulder to support and strengthen us. Love is the most sacred feeling of bliss that a soul can ever experience. Ask people who are in love and you will hear the same answer repeated- Its love and only love that helps them survive the upheavals of life, its love that binds them together at times of distress and its love that grows stronger with the passage of time, bringing their souls and minds closer.
In this section on quotes, we have tried to bring together quotes and sayings on love by some of the greatest thinkers of mankind. They might have spoken these words at any fleeting moment in their life, but the sublime meaning hidden within these quotes make them eternal. The beauty with which these words have been spoken, make the feeling of love more divine, mare sacred, more ethereal, more heavenly, more immortal, than we ever could have thought of.
These quotes can be used to beautify the Valentine Cards that you might gift to your beloved on the Big Day. You can always take help from these quotations to express your love in a more poetic and artistic way.
“You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you. I know by experience that the poets are right: love is eternal.” - E.M.Forster
What is Love?
Like the sun shines and the flower blooms, love is a natural phenomenon which instigates an untamed feeling of desire, attraction and attachment. Loving someone or being loved by someone is a fancy which hypnotizes our heart binding us to fall for that specific person. Love is an unstoppable, uncontrollable and unconditional sensation.
“Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.” - Nicholas Sparks, The Rescue
True love grows slowly indulging unconditional commitment. A truthful relation filled with love and affection is only possible between two dedicated, responsible and faithful partners. True love carries with it an intense affection, contentment and confidence which survives beyond any expectation. True lovers never wait to compromise. They play with genuine intentions and compromises freely only in order to bring in peace and happiness. Such relationships are consistent and requires a lot of selflessness and politeness. It is said that true love mingle two souls into one making a relation eternal. In a real love story both the partner emphasizes the character of the other showing devotion and respect for each other. Intimacy is a crucial area of such relationships which gets strengthened through real attachment of their heart.
Love and infatuation are two emotions that are frequently confused with each other. Infatuation is often wrongly conceived as Love which is an emotional impulse of fondness fabricating a feeling of love suddenly. Unreasoned passion leads to infatuation which can rarely transform into a matured love. Such love stories often become manipulating and violent lending to an awful future. But these two feelings differ in their reality of love, intensification and final outcome. Moreover, earning true love is a blessing of God.
How is Love Related to Valentine’s Day?
The most endearing myth of this era is Valentine’s Day. A day celebrated globally, exhibiting immense love and affection among the people. This day creates a festive mood embracing the most delicate emotion - Love. This lovely day is observed on 14th February of every year commemorating the Roman Saint Valentine. History states that St. Valentine was imprisoned for making the soldiers wed who were forbidden to marry and for ministering to persecuted Christians in Rome. It was Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages who first linked St. Valentine's Day with romance. The pivotal symbol of this lovely emotional occasion is Cupid, the ancient Roman god of love, represented as a naked baby boy with wings who shoot arrows at people to make them fall in love with each other. Valentine’s Day is directly related with Love as this day symbolises love and romance. Valentine’s Day creates the perfect ambience helping one to express his/her heart before the one they love. This day is likely prescribed for all the lovers or couples out there making it a special day of Love.
Gifts are the most embraced and accepted form of lending happiness. This season of love employs various exclusive Valentine gifts to be gifted to the special hearts making their Valentine endearing and precious. Messages through various famous quotes are a wonderful way of revealing your heart and feelings. Some famous personalities had written numerous such love quotes which are commonly used till date making our Valentine special and lovely.
Famous Valentine Quotes Expressing Love
1. “My bounty is as boundless as the sea, My love as deep; the more I give to thee, The more I have, for both are infinite.” - William Shakespeare
2. "As soon go kindle fire with snow, as seek to quench the fire of love with words."- William Shakespeare
3. “Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires; To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness. To be wounded by your own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully.” - Kahlil Gibran
4. “Love is composed of single soul inhabiting two bodies.” - Aristotle
5. “Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole.” - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
6. “It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
7. "Grow old with me! The best is yet to be." - Robert Browning
8. "Take away love and our earth is a tomb." - Robert Browning
9. "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." - Robert Frost
10. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” - Sophocles
11. "True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked." - Erich Segal
12. "Love is the greatest refreshment in life." - Pablo Picasso
13. "Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination." - Voltaire
14. “Are we not like two volumes of one book?” - Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
15. “Come live in my heart and pay no rent.” - Samuel Lover
16. “True love stories never have endings." - Richard Bach
17. “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” - Plato
18. “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” - Eva Gabor
Love Quotes from the Holy Bible
Love and God are closely related with each other. Love is an unseen sensation created by God. The holy Bible is another wonderful source of appealing and enthralling love quotes. A few Bible verses are mentioned below from the New International Version Bible.
1. "Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God." (1 John 4:7)
2. "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." (1 John 4:12)
3. "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalms 37:4)
4. "Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)
5. "We love because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19)
Top Ten Celebrity Valentine Quotes
1. John Lennon - “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.”
2. Madonna - “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return, to just give. That takes courage; because we don’t want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.”
3. Beyoncé Knowles - “There’s definitely a dangerous feeling when you’re in love… it’s giving your heart to someone else and knowing that they have control over your feelings. I know for me, who always tries to be so tough, that’s the dangerous thing.”
4. Jennifer Aniston - “The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.”
5. Tom Hanks - “There’s no substitute for a great love who says, ‘No matter what’s wrong with you, you’re welcome at this table.”
6. Jane Fonda - “The vulnerability of opening your heart fully and deeply to another is terrifying, but at a point in my fifties, I realized that I had to step up to the plate.”
7. Woody Allen - “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.”
8. Britney Spears - “When you’re comfortable with someone you love, the silence is the best.”
9. Jennifer Lopez - “Love to me is someone telling me, ‘I want to be with you for the rest of my life, and if you needed me to I’d jump out of a plane for you.”
10. Angelina Jolie - “We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.”
Valentine’s Day is celebrated by appreciating the people they love dearly showing their love for each other. Love quotes are of great use to impress your lovers on this special occasion. The best way is through Greetings Cards which will help you to convey your messages. Greetings cards remain adored with wonderful design giving them an attractive look. Delight your partner this Valentine with some marvellous set of gifts along with a greetings or a letter filled with such romantic love quotes.
1. For you see, each day I love you more Today more
than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
2. "I claim there ain't
As great as Valentine."
~Germaine De Stael
3. "Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart."~Author Unknown
4. "A hundred hearts would be too few
To carry all my love for you."
5. We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown
6. "The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough."~George Moore
7. "We loved with a love that was more than love."~Edgar Allan Poe
8. "Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke
9. "Are we not like two volumes of one book."~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
10. "I've fallen in love many times... always with you."~Author Unknown
11. "What I need to live has been given to me by the earth. Why I need to live has been given to me by you."~Author Unknown
12. "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach."~Elizabeth Barrett Browning
13. "When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks."~Natalie Clifford Barney
14. "I love thee - I love thee,
'Tis all that I can say
It is my vision in the night,
My dreaming in the day."
15. "True love stories never have endings."~Richard Bach
16. "The eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love."~Margaret Atwood
17. "I need the starshine of your heavenly eyes,
After the day's great sun."
~Charles Hanson Towne
18."Candle light, moon light, star light,
The brightest glow is from love light."
19."I love you like crazy, baby
'Cuz I'd go crazy without you."
20."Come live in my heart and pay no rent."~Samuel Lover
21."For twas not into my ear you whispered
But into my heart
Twas not my lips you kissed
But my soul."
22."My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me; We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key."
23."The most beautiful view is the one I share with you."~Author Unknown
24."If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden."~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi
25."Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart."~Lamartine
26."I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you."
27."When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."
28."Each moment of a happy lover's hour is worth an age of dull and common life."~Aphra Behn
29."If I could be anything in the world I would want to be a teardrop because I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips."
30."Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning."
31."Everything is clearer when you're in love."~John Lennon
32."You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."~Dr. Seuss quotes
33."You can't stop loving or wanting to love because when its right, it's the best thing in the world. When you're in a relationship and it's good, even if nothing else in your life is right, you feel like your whole world is complete."~Keith Sweat quotes
34."If I know what love is, it is because of you."~Herman Hesse quotes
35."Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other."~Eurpides
36."All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love."~Lamartine
37."But to see her was to love her, Love but her, and love for ever."~Robert Burns
38."Love rules the court, the camp, the grove,
And men below, and saints above:
For love is heaven and heaven is love."
~Sir Walter Scott
39."No there's nothing half so sweet in life As love's young dream."~Thomas Moore
40."There is no fear in love: but perfect love easteth out fear."~John
41."If thou must love me, let it be for naught
Except for love's sake only."
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning
42."Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine;
Or leave a kiss but in the cup, And I'll not look for wine.
43."A lover's eyes will gaze an eagle blind:
A lover's ear will hear the lowest sound."
44."There is no remedy for love but to love more."~Henry David Thoreau
45."Romantic love 'happens'; it is not brought about; one falls in love. The person is obsessed with the loved one and is unable to concentrate on anything else. The person loses all desire to remain independent, and instead desires to merge and subsume... into the other."~Margaret Horton
46."There is always something left to love. And if you ain't learned that, you ain't learned nothing."~Lorraine Hansberry
47."Love and joy are twins, or born of each other."~William Hazlitt
48."My night has become a sunny dawn because of you."~Ibn Abbad
49."Your words are my food, your breath my wine. You are everything to me."~Sarah Bernhardt
50."In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life."~Bliss and Cerney
51."Come live with me and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove, of golden sands, and crystal beaches, with silken lines and silver hooks...."~John Dunne
52."Like music on the waters is they sweet voice to me."~Lord Byron
53."Thou art to me a delicious torment."~Ralph Waldo Emerson
54."... See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me."~Gretchen Kemp
55."When you came, you were like red wine and honey, and the taste of you burnt my mouth with its sweetness."~Amy Lowell
56."Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars."~Christopher Marlowe
57."I miss you even more than I could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal."~Vita Sackville-West
58."My heart is ever at your service."~William Shakespeare
59."Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile...."~Unknown
60."Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile...."~Unknown
61."To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed."~Unknown
62."Here are fruits, flowers, leaves, and branches, And here is my heart which beats only for you."~Paul Verlaine
63."....A simple I love you means more than money...."~Frank Sinatra
64."If I has to choose between loving you, and breathing. I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU."~dani b
65."They say loving you gives pains and full of sacrifices But I'll rather take pains and lots of sacrifices than not to be love by you."~Aaron
66."As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change... I will always keep falling in love with you."~Karen Clodfelder
67."If rain drops were kisses, I could send you showers. If hugs were seas I send you oceans. And if love was a person I send you me!!."~Ally Qwerty
68."I laugh, I love, I hope, I try I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry. And I know you do the same things too, So we're really not that different, me and you."~Colin Raye
69."The best thing about me is you."~Shannon Crown
70."God made many puzzle pieces, but only those two 'cut out' for each other, can fit together to create a perfect and beautiful picture."~Jessica Cochran
71."When you are always on my mind and my heart hurts when you are gone what is it that I feel, if it is not love."~Naomi Kay
1. Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. "Love is the emblem of eternity: it confounds all notion of time: effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end." ~ Germaine De Stael
3. Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~ Author Unknown
4. You learn to like someone when you find out what makes them laugh, but you can never truly love someone until you find out what makes them cry. ~ Author Unknown
5. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. ~ Oprah Winfrey
6. Love puts the fun in together, the sad in apart, and the joy in a heart. ~ Author Unknown
7. Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you. ~ Author Unknown
8. Who, being loved, is poor? ~ Oscar Wilde
9. Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place. ~ Zora Neale Hurston
10. I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that's love, even if it doesn't seem very exciting. ~ Sylvester Stallone
11. When love is not madness, it is not love. ~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca
12. Take away love and our earth is a tomb. ~ Robert Browning
13. Love unlocks doors and opens windows that weren't even there before. ~ Mignon McLaughlin
14.Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart. ~ Kay Knudsen
15. Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name. ~ Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960
16. Love is the poetry of the senses. ~ Honoré de Balzac
17. Love is the greatest refreshment in life. ~ Pablo Picasso
18. Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. ~ Voltaire
19. “Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.”~ Robert Heinlein
20. “To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven”~ Karen Sunde
21. “A life without love is like a year without summer.”~ Swedish Proverb
22. “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.”~ John Lennon
23. “Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence”~ Vincent van Gogh
24. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.”~ Peter Ustinov
25. "In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities."~ Janos Arnay
26. "Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies."~ Aristotle
27. "Love distills desire upon the eyes, love brings bewitching grace into the heart." ~ Euripides
28. "Love is the enchanted dawn of every heart." ~ Alphonse Marie de la Martine
29. "In love there are two things: bodies and words." ~ Joyce Carol Oates
30. "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery
31. "Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition." ~ Alexander Smith
32. "Love is friendship set on fire." ~ Jeremy Taylor
33. "Love is a dream that comes alive when we meet." ~ Unknown
34. "Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essense." ~ Vincent van Gogh
35. "Harmony is pure love, for love is a concerto." ~ Lope de Vega
36. "Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love." ~ Erich Fromm
37. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly." ~ Sam Keen
38. "The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable." ~ Victor Hugo
39. "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return." --Antoine De Saint-Exupery
40. "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
41. "Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it." ~ Thomas Fuller
42. "Paradise is always where love dwells." ~ Jean Paul F. Richter
43. "True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart." ~ Honore de Balzac
44. "Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
45. "Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile." ~ Elizabeth Browning
46. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire: In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." ~ Bruce Lee
47. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is Love."~ Sophocles
48. Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it. ~ Curtis Judalet
49. Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that they feel the same. ~ Courtney Jo Wright
50. love is a flint that sparks a flame that will either flicker and burn out or continue with a warming glow~Anonymous
51. Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. ~ William Shakespeare
52. Love, I find, is like singing. Everybody can do enough to satisfy themselves, though it may not impress the neighbors as being very much. ~ Zora Neale Hurston
53. Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
54. Love makes everything that is heavy light. ~ Thomas p Kempis
55. For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love. ~ Francis Bacon
56. Love is a great beautifier. ~ Louisa May Alcott
57. Love received and love given comprise the best form of therapy~ Gordon William Allport
58. Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible -- it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could. ~ Barbara De Angelis
59. Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love. ~ Kahlil Gibran
60. Love feels no burden, regards not labors, strives toward more than it attains, argues not of impossibility, since it believes that it may and can do all things. Therefore it avails for all things, and fulfils and accomplishes much where one not a lover falls and lies helpless. ~ Thomas p Kempis
61. Love is the only kind of fire which is never covered by insurance. ~ Anonymous
62. Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love. ~ Thomas p Kempis
63. Love is bittersweet, its up to u to make it bitter or sweet. ~ Anonymous
64. Love's greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred. ~ Barbara De Angelis
65. Love (understood as the desire of good for another) is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another's soul. ~ James Joyce
66. Love is the only flower that grows and blossoms Without the aid of the seasons. ~ Khalil Gibran
1. "In real love you want the other person's good. In romantic love you want the other person."- Margaret Anderson
2.You know when you have found your prince because you not only have a smile on your face but in your heart as well. - Author Unknown
3.It is astonishing how little one feels alone when one loves. - John Bulwer
4.“Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.”- Victor Hugo quotes
5.'Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.’- Tennyson
6.True love's the gift which
God has given
To man alone beneath the heaven.
- Sir Walter Scott
7.Love consists in desiring to give what is our own to another and feeling his delight as our own.- Emanuel Swdenborg
8."Love works miracle every day: such as weakening the strong, and strengthening the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favoring the passions, destroying reason, and, in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy." - Marguerite De Valois
9."What I do and what I dream include thee, as the wine must taste of its own grapes..." --Elizabeth Barret Browning
10."She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudness climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes..."
11."I love her and that's the beginning of everything." --F. Scott Fitzgerald
12."I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path." --Andre Gide
13."Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." --Oliver Wendell Holmes
14."What I feel for you seems less of earth and more of a cloudless heaven." --Victor Hugo
15."It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands." –Jaka
16."The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." --Helen Keller
17."In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing." --Mignon McLaughlin
18."The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain signing to it...you and you alone make me feel that I am alive...Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough." --George Moore
19."There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved." --George Sand
20."Sometimes your nearness takes my breath away; and all the things I want to say can find no voice. Then, in silence, I can only hope my eyes will speak my heart." --Robert Sexton
21."I am my beloved, and my beloved is me." --Song of Solomon
22."Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again." –Unknown
23."The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart." --Unknown
24."If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand." –Unknown
25."If you love me only in my dreams, let me be asleep forever." –Unknown
26."Kiss me and you will see stars; love me and I will give them to you." –Unknown
27."The soul that can speak with its eyes can also kiss with a gaze." –Unknown
28."The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman's heart. --Josiah G. Holland
29."From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being." --Unknown
30."The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life." --Sir Hugh Walpole
31."The life and love we create is the life and love we live." --Leo Buscaglia
32."For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it." --Ivan Panin
33."Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." --Lao Tzu
34."The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss." –Unknown
35."We are all born for love... it is the principle existence and it's only end." --Benjamin Disraeli
36."To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with." --Mark Twain
37."So dear I love him that with him,
All deaths I could endure.
Without him, live no life."
-- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet
38."How delicious is the winning of a kiss at love's beginning." --Thomas Campbell
39."Come, let us make love deathless." --Herbert Trench
40.And if it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart, the only dream that mattered had come true. In this life, I was loved by you.- Colin Raye
41.If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they’d never ask you to.- Anonymous
42.If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be.- Anonymous
43.Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says For the woman I love and the second, For my best friend.- Anonymous
44.Absence makes the heart grow fonder- William Shakespeare
45.He who is not impatient is not in love.- Italian proverb
46.[The lover says:] How beautiful you are, now that you love me. - Marlene Dietrich
47.Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate.- David Pratt
48.We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together.- Brian Andres
49.'Tis said of love that it sometimes goes, sometimes flies; runs with one, walks gravely with another; turns a third into ice, and sets a fourth in a flame: it wounds one, another it kills: like lightning it begins and ends in the same moment: it makes that fort yield at night which it besieged but in the morning; for there is no force able to resist it.- Miguel De Cervantes
50.Young love is a flame; very pretty, often very hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.- Henry Ward Beecher
51."My heart is a red rose. When happy, it sparkles brillianly. When sad it bleeds and forms a dark puddle under it. When my heart dies, the soft fragile petals fall. So you might want to put your rose in a vase."- Claire Charmont
52.It is with true love as it is with ghosts; everyone talks about it, but few have seen it.- Francois De La Rochefoucauld
53.Is a life worth living, without no one to love and to be loved in return?- Zena Joy Pym
54.The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon, but its echo lasts a great deal longer.- Oliver Wendell Holmes
55.The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your minds, your hearts, and your souls, the more you will strengthen the fabric of your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together.- Barbara De Angelis
56.If you wished to be loved, love.- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
57.Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.- Anonymous
58.True love never dies, even if you have found a new love, the sweet memory of the past will continue to hunt you for the rest of your life.- Jeffrey
59.Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.- Leo Buscaglia
60.It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun.- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
61.Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain- Leo Buscaglia
62.The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're still alive.- Orlando A. Battista
63.Love can never grow old. Locks may lose their brown and gold. Cheeks may fade and hollow grow. But the hearts that love will know, never winter's frost and chill, summer's warmth is in them still.- Leo Buscaglia
64. 64. This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love; the more they give, the more they possess.- Rainer Maria Rilke
1. “Look, I guarantee there'll be tough times. I guarantee that at some time, one or both of us is gonna want to get out of this thing. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life, because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me.” - Runaway Bride
2. “He was like an angel, you know? I never knew life could be like that. He was the one thing I followed through in my life, the one thing I didn't give up on. I was good at loving him.” - The Untamed Heart
3. “I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it that you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all.”- Ten Things I Hate About You
4. "Take love, multiply it by infinity and take it to the depths of forever.. and you still have only a glimpse of how I feel for you."- Meet Joe Black
5. "Do you ever put your arms out and just spin and spin and spin? Well, that's what love is like. Everything inside of you tells you to stop before you fall, but you just keep going." - Practical Magic
6. You are what I never knew I always wanted - Fools Rush In
7. When they ask me what I liked best, I'll tell them it was you."- City Of Angels
8.I wonder how many people never get the one they want, but end up with the one they're supposed to have- Fried Green Tomatoes
9. If you love someone you say it, you say it right then, out loud. Otherwise the moment just... passes you by...- My Best friend's Wedding
10. Don’t say we aren't right for each other, the way I see it is.. we aren't right for anyone else- The Cutting Edge
11. Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.- Good Will Hunting
12.There are millions of people in this world, but in the end it all comes down to One - Crazy/Beautiful
13.You spend all your time looking for love yet you feel nothing even when it’s staring you in the face. I will love again but You will spend all your life knowing you turned your back on love and that makes you a hypocrite - Cruel Intentions
14.I always thought that there was this one perfect person for everybody in the world, you know, and when you found that person the rest of the world kind of magically faded away, and, you know, the two of you would just be inside this kind of protective bubble, but there is no bubble, I mean if there is you have to make it, I just think life is more than a series of moments, you know, we can make choices, and we can choose to protect the people we love, and that's what makes us who we are and those are the real memories - Forces of Nature
15.You know, that moment when you kiss someone and everything around you becomes hazy. And the only thing in focus is you and that person. And you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment you get this gift. And you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that it will go away all at the same time. - Never Been Kissed
16. Don't you hate that Uncomfortable silence. Why do we feel it's necessary to talk about bull in order to feel comfortable? That's when you know you've found somebody really special. When you can just shut the hell up for a minute and comfortably share a silence
17. I would rather have had One breath of her hair, One kiss from her mouth, One touch of her hand, Than eternity without it.- City of Angels
18. When you realise You want to spend
The rest of your life with somebody,
You want the rest of your life
To start as soon as possible.
- When Harry Met Sally
19. There is a place You can touch a woman That will drive her crazy.
Her heart.- Milk Money
20. I love you without knowing how, why, or even from where - Patch Adams
21. Love won't obey our expectations, Its mystery is pure and absolute.- Bridges of Madison County
22. The only feeling of real loss Is when you love someone More than you love your self.- Good Will Hunting
23.All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone to make us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, someone perfect is searching for us. - The Wonder Years
24."Let me tell you about us. I'm gonna' need a working woman; that's you. You're gonna' need a broad shoulder; that's me. I like you, Iris, just about as much as I love you. And you know what? We're gonna' do just fine together. And a man can drown in your blue eyes."- Stanley and Iris
25.I love you. And not, not in a friendly way, although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way, although I love you. Very, very simple, very truly. You are the epitome of everything I have ever looked for in another human being. And I know that you think of me as just a friend, and crossing that line is the furthest thing from an option you would ever consider. But I had to say it. I just, I can't take this anymore. I can't stand next to you without wanting to hold you. I can't, I can't look into your eyes without feeling that, that longing you only read about in trashy romance novels. I can't talk to you without wanting to express my love for everything you are.- Chasing Amy
26. What do you want to marry me for anyhow? So I can kiss you anytime I want.- Crazy Beautiful
27....I know that some part of you is hesitating for a moment, and if there is a moment of hesitation, then that means you feel something too. All I ask, please, is that you just, you just not dismiss that - and try to dwell in it for just ten seconds. Alyssa, there isn't another soul on this planet who has ever made me half the person I am when I'm with you, and I would risk this friendship for the chance to take it to the next plateau. Because it is there.. between you and me. You can't deny that. Even if, you know, even if we never talk again after tonight, please know that I'm forever changed because of who you are and what you've meant to me.- Chasing Amy
28.Samantha: I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If two people love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?
- The Mexican
29.You are what you love, not what loves you. That's what I decided a long time ago. - Adaptation
30.How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. - Annie
31....someday my wish is for him to hold me in his arms, in a sea of deep blue, together at last, together as two. - Can't Buy Me Love
32.Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two. - Captain Corelli's Mandolin
33.If I tell you I love you, can I keep you forever? - Casper
34.Love is not a feeling, it's an ability. - Dan in Real Life
35.There are only four questions of value in life.
What is sacred?
Of what is the spirit made of?
What is worth living for?
What is worth dying for?
The answer to each is the same. Only love.
- Don Juan Demarco
36.When you love someone,
And you love them with your heart,
It never disappears,
When you're apart.
And when you love someone
And you've done all you can do,
You set them free,
And if that love was true...
When you love someone
It will all come back to you.
- Forget Paris
37.It doesn't matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.- Good Will Hunting
38.You make me want to be a better man.- Jack Nicholson, "As Good As It Gets"
39.The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. - Moulin Rouge
40.Love is a many splendid thing; Love lift us up where we belong; All you need is love. - Moulin Rouge
41.Your eyes are the sweetest stars I've ever seen. - Moulin Rouge
42.Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide, but I love you, until the end of time. -Moulin Rouge
43.We should be lovers, and that's a fact. -Moulin Rouge
44.Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place,
suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace,
suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
it all revolves around you.
45.I am someone else when I'm with you, someone more like myself. -Original Sin
46.If the people we love are stolen from us,
The way to have them live on, is to remember them.
Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever. -The Crow
47.In these dreams I've loved you so, that by now I think I know what it's like to be loved by you. I will love being loved by you.-The King and I
48. "I would rahter be a ghost drifting by your side as a condemned soul than enter heaven without you. Because of your love, I will never be a lonely spirit." -Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
49. "Have you never met a woman who inspires you to love? Until your every sense is filled with her? You inhale her. You taste her. You see your unborn children in her eyes and know that your heart has at last found a home. Your life begins with her, and without her it must surely end." -Don Juan DeMarco
50. "Make of our hands one hand. Make of our hearts one heart. Make of our vows one last vow. Only death will part us now." -West Side Story